Facebook pre

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

He’ll Come, By Rachel Poole


LBOC Welcomes Rachel Poole back for a devotional today. It’s inspired by the Hillsong title, You’ll Come. 


Just as the earth thirsts for the rain as does our spirit. Sunday, April 22, 2012 the rain finally came. After a long wait, saturation has come to drench the state of Maryland and the surrounding areas.

Upon waiting on the rain I’m reminded of the times I’ve spent in my own drought. Feelings of affliction in my heart, the days of damagecracked earth seemingly behind me, yet there were times when I’d still be feeling the effects of it. Craving a message, a lesson, a way to go, a way out or just some way, I recall the yearning from my spirit.

There would be days I thought “it’s just one thing after another, Lord” or “how am I supposed to overcome this one” or even “this has to be a joke, I can’t do this.” Usually these thoughts would come after a long stretch of either contentious moments or obvious frustration. When in a drought, our spirit becomes weak and our hearts need filling. That is when we look up to realize it’s our decision what or Whom we will surrender to. Is it our thoughts, our situation, or our problems that are worth our surrendering? From where does our fulfilling wisdom and deliverance come?

We must spend time with God not just seeking His hand but His face. In 2 Chronicles 7:14 God says, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” God desires for us to seek His face and turn away from that which holds us back from Him so He can give us what we need.

 girl at hoseOur land is thirsty, our hearts are thirsty and our souls need to be satisfied. What God offers us is an everlasting flow of grace, freedom, and love beyond our comprehension. Just as the rain has fallen on this day may we be reminded of the promise that He will return to us and fulfill our hearts.

When in drought, don’t doubt! Thank God we don’t have to remain in drought. He gives us His freeing raindrenched forest when our hearts and souls are in need. We don’t have to wait on the weather man to predict the next downpour. In Christ we know it’s available anytime. Pray, Seek His face and He will come!

Other posts you might like:

Tunnel

Sacrifice—No Greater Love

Good Jesus Cardio  

Rachel_Cropped_1Rachel Poole is a hair stylist at Cut Loose in Edgewater, MD. She lives in Harwood with her wonderful husband Deryck and their adorable German Shepherd Gemma. She is passionate about writing and reaching people for Jesus. Her inspiration comes from life struggles and God inspired moments. God put it on her heart as a young girl to write and as she matures in her writing her hope is to one day reach her goal of becoming a published author. www.cutlooseinc.com




No comments:

Post a Comment