Facebook pre

Friday, June 7, 2013

Let Him Steal Your Show

If you can’t see the imbed below, click here for Toby Mac’s Steal My Show.

We are all given gifts by God. It’s an awesome thing.

I once knew a highly intelligent woman who, whenever anyone reminded her of her intelligence would raise a brow and proclaim with a haughty, wicked voice, “I can use my power for good or for evil.” She was joking, of course, but what she said was true.

However, God didn’t give us these gifts for evil. He didn’t even give them to be used for ourselves, though I think the correct usage of them does benefit in us in the end. He gave us these gifts to serve and honor Him.

Have you ever had an empty-vessel moment? One of those times where, whether you asked Him to or not, God came in and took over your work and turned it into something extraordinary? Something that couldn’t have been you because you’d been going in a completely different direction?

If you haven’t, I pray that for you today. It’s astounding when it happens, even when it’s for small things. It’s like witnessing a miracle in your own body.

So, with that in mind, my recommendation for you today is to ask God to “steal your show.” Go ahead. Give it a try. You won’t be sorry.

Other posts you might like:

An Empty Vessel

How Many Talents Do You Get?

When A Christian Music Artist Loses His Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment