Facebook pre

Friday, May 10, 2013

Do You Want to Hurt Yourself?

It’s been a crazy week and my mind swirled with too many things I could write about, but nothing seemed to fall into place. I had this calming thought that kept telling me God would reveal it Friday morning, so not to worry.

Then He did. On Friday morning.

I’ve wanted this website to be about helping people find wholeness in Christ. It should not be about me, it should be about Him. But when another website has the goods to tell the story, sometime you just need to point the way. That’s what I’m doing today.

I discovered this website a few weeks ago and I am enthralled. These ladies have a heart to help the hurting. They have recently started a series about “cutting,” a practice used by people who have shut off their emotions to the point they can only feel by hurting themselves. It’s more prevalent than you think. Some of the video testimonies on this site echoed the lives of many young women I knew growing up. These videos give hope and potential answers for those suffering with this and similar issues.

Check them out. If not for yourself, maybe for someone you know. Pray for these women and the many out there needing the same answers.

Here are the links:

http://agirlikeme.com/2013/05/10/megan-and-renee/

http://agirlikeme.com/2013/05/07/kristin-jamie-and-victoria-stories-of-hope/

Take a look around at the rest of the site. Good stuff there!

Other posts you might like:

God Loves Broken People—A Review

Christ: The Perfect Romance

A No-Matter-What Kind of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment