Facebook pre

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Christian Music Ministry

Don’t ya just love King David? I know he’s one of those guys in tharphe Bible that gets good press because he was a great leader and king. But what I love most about him is that he was a musician. And not just any old musician, but he loved the Lord so much, he poured out that passion in song. I can relate to that kind of love.

That’s why I’m a big fan of Christian Contemporary Music. It’s not just somdrumsething I listen to to pass the time. It’s begins my day and inspires my life. Have you ever watched a movie scene with the score taken out? It’s comparably flat. That’s why music ministry is so important. When words alone may inform, music carries the ideas to our hearts, filling our souls and helping us really know. That knowledge is no longer bits of facts, but wisdom that exudes from our very being.

And music is so much more. Some of the best conversations I’ve had with my daughter on faith began with a question about the lyrics of a song. When I see those eyebrows draw together in thought, I know she is not just taking in what Mom says, but possessing it as her own. These are moments of growth.

I’ve known people who’ve given Christian music to “seekers” knowing it will speak to them in ways they cannot. So they impart emotion instead of platitudes. I know of one woman who shared a song with her dying sister to bring her hope in her last days. She was rewarded with great thanks. In one action they shared not only their love for one another, but also that of their Savior in a way that mere words could not.

So why am I expounding on the virtue of music in ministry. I guess guitarit’s my way of thanking those of you who engage in it, whether at your local church or at the Patriot Center. Thank you for sharing your gift with me and giving me the words that trail my lips all day in rhythm and melody. The words that continually praise the One true God. Thank you.

So it is, with this in mind, I have decided to add devotionals inspired by Christian music on this site. I hope it blesses you as it has me.

What’s your favorite Christian Song?

You might also like:

Good Jesus Cardio

He enters our pain

What's Keeping You from Your Special Assignment?

4 comments:

  1. Bach said, "The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.”

    You said it just as well--thanks for posting, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. beats for sale online

    ReplyDelete